Salted Caramel Sauce

No comments

Salted Caramel Sauce is basic... So basic it absolutely becomes a necessity sometimes for all your desserts. Its a miracle in a drizzle just waiting to happen.

I was going to put up a recipe for my "Latest" cake when I realised, it wouldnt be complete without telling you about Salted Caramel Sauce.


There are many versions of recipes for this online. Before starting, please look up David Lebovitz's tips on How to make Caramel. This one is essentially based on PurpleFoodie's version, but I'm short of Bordier butter and Maldon sea salt or Fleur de Sel in my kitchen haha!

You'll need

1 cup             Sugar
100g              Unsalted butter (I used Sastha's butter locally available in Kerala)
1/2 cup          Cream (Amul)
1/2 tsp           Salt (Table)

Caramelise sugar in a saucepan. Swirl it all around till it gets a deep brown colour uniformly. (I take it off just at the smoking point)
Take saucepan off the stove and add butter and stir till its completely melted into the sugar.
Place it back on stove and add cream & salt and keep whisking till it reaches a smooth slightly thick consistency.

This keeps forever in the fridge... if you can make it last.
The sauce in the pic above looks really thick cos I'd just pulled it from the fridge. It isn't that thick actually. Though, I do think thicker the sauce, the better it is...

No comments :

Post a Comment