Basil Pesto

No comments

I discovered this magical setting on my camera. Its called Food. Makes life so simple doesn't it?
That's exactly what this pesto also does to you. Make your life or rather your dinners really simple. You can make it and keep it in the fridge for nearly a week and freeze it for even longer times. Best had with pasta, but I do occasionally swipe it over a slice of bread.


Ingredients

2 cups   - Basil Leaves packed
6           - Garlic cloves
1/4 cup - Olive oil
1/4 cup - Pine nuts
Season with salt & pepper to taste

How
  1. Pulse all ingredients together till its coarsely chopped. As you can see mine went further than coarsely chopped.
  2. Adding more oil will help get a looser fluffier texture
  3. Cheese! I skipped. I'm a fat lady. Hence. Mentally going slurp.
  4. Hope no one's reading this entry
Testing out the camera. I think I should have removed the blue thing and just got the plate on white. What say?




I've drastically cut down on the oil here, it should me almost double of it. What I do is, I drizzle olive oil over the pasta when I serve it out. Also skipped on the cheese. Trying to keep it for a regular weeknight. Feel free to add cheese, ham, bacon, eggs. Basically anything goes.

No comments :

Post a Comment