Pistachio Pancakes with Peach Compote

No comments

 
When life gives you lemons, stuff your bra I say.
Oops! I gave away why I'm so booby haha!
 
The pistachio pancake came from a pistachio peach cake I wanted to make this morning. Unfortunately my oven conked out on me right after I'd done the prep for the cake. So I decided to make the best of it and make some pancakes instead.
 


 
 
I used the same base as the Fluffy pancakes I'd written about a while ago. Except of course for the pistachios. This time I went healthier and used a sweetened yoghurt instead of whipped cream and topped with some peach compote tinged with kaffir lime leaves
 
 


Ingredients

3/4 Cup  Milk
2 tsp   Vinegar/lemon juice
1 egg
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
45g     plain flour
120g   pistachio flour
1tsp    baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
grated zest 1 lemon

Add lemon juice to milk and set aside for 5 mins to curdle
Whisk egg and buttermilk
Dry whisk rest of the ingredients
Add to wet mix and stir till lumps are removed. Just barely.
Set pan on low heat on stove
Scoop batter in 1/4 cup at a time. Cook till bubbles on surface pop. Flip.
Be gentle, these pancakes are more delicate than regular ones.
Take quickly off stove. These ones also have a tendency to brown.



For yoghurt, I strained regular yoghurt in a wire strainer for a 15 mins and slightly sweetened it with a spoon of sugar



For peach compote, warm peaches and sugar on low heat till sugar melts and the peaches cut through easily with a spoon. Add flavourings/ spices to kick it up a notch. I added kaffir lime leaves, cos I absolutely love the flavor.

No comments :

Post a Comment