My Simplest Pasta Recipe

1 comment


I know I've not been the biggest advocate for pasta. For the longest time I wondered what all the fuss was about. It was just pasta right? like carbs, like rice. It all depended on the sauce you added to it. So most times, I'd chuck the pasta and use other stuff instead with the sauce. Like when I made my Boozy Pasta Sauce. But over the last one year, I've been taking packed lunches to work and it made so much sense to make simple pasta dishes which would remain sturdy and fresh for lunch. I guess this one's more a salad than a saucy pasta. It takes hardly anytime to make and is not messy to pack and go. And also very good for summer when you don't want to be near a stove too long.

It is not advisable to wash cooked  pasta when there is a sauce to bind the dish together. But in this case, since there is no sauce, I rinse the pasta in cold water just once to wash the excess starch away.

After all this, you must be thinking I've made some awesomely new, outlanding dish here, but read the title. It is not called 'My Simplest Pasta Recipe' without a reason. There is actually no recipe :-)
You only have to be careful with your ingredients.



Serves: one person

Ingredients

70g dried spaghetti
10 cherry tomatoes halved (if you'r counting, else a handful)
10 fresh basil leaves torn
1/tsp chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp grated parmesan
Salt to taste

Method

1. Cook pasta till al dente. Rinse once under cold water. Drain.
2. Toss in cherry tomatos, basil, chilli flakes & olive oil.
3. Toss by hand or with tongs to spread all the ingredients uniformly.
4. Season with salt to taste.
*5. You can at this point gently reheat it on a non stick pan. Be careful not to wilt the veggies.
6. Garnish with grated parmesan.
7. Serve immediately, pack for lunch or into the refrigerator it can go to be reheated in a microwave later.

I don't observe step 5. I reheat in the microwave if required.

1 comment :

  1. homemade lasagna noodles I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete